Monday, November 17, 2008

Follow-up on "ROLLING the R's"

I am usually a musical theatre/opera person, but this was my first experience in a staged reading and I highly enjoyed it. I've been to stage readings at Arena Stage and in college years, but this was my first time actually being in a stage reading.
At Source Theatre, "Rolling The R's" by R. Zamora Linmark (Pictured left)
was performed on Saturday, Nov. 15 with reception, followed by a short hula dance that we threw together the night before for our beloved playwright and a Q&A session with R, Zamora Linmark.
The performance was very, very well attended to standing room only (Strangely enough with a very, very mixed audience) and very well received with much laughter and applause.

I will admit, I had my doubts after only 4 stage reading rehearsals and not everyone on the same schedule, but it was smooth sailing and worked like clock-work.

Like I said before, It was a bit strange after thinking for years that I belonged to a small minority of asian-americans working in the DC theatre district, but very exciting to be sharing the stage and passion with these fellow asian performers.

Like Clint Eastwood says, "Performing theatre is much like a musician's jam session. When you have the right musicians that get-along (In this case, Performers),you make MUSIC. (In this case, 70's Disco)


No comments: