Wednesday, November 19, 2008

CHARMAINE CLAMOR

A friend of mine sent me a sample of Charmaine Clamor's music. She's a Filipina Jazz singer (now living in Los Angeles) and I really, really love her style. I have been a fan of only ONE Filipina Jazz-like singer and that was Ku Ledesma. Butafter hearing the sample of Charmaine Clamor's music, I went directly to Amazon.com and downloaded all of her albums. My favorite of her albums is "My Harana". She has taken standard Filipino songs and arranged them from a touchsong jazz ballad to a latin feel to even the complexity of fusion. http://www.npr.org/help/media.html Her most recent albums, "Flippin' Out" and "Searching for the Soul" are hitting mainstream in the US with her own invention of "Jazzipino Swing". I can't wait to hear more from her.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Where does the link go? It just took me to NPR's website.

Ron Curameng said...

That's right and it will play Charmaine Clamor. You just have to be patient and wait for those damn commercials.

Anonymous said...

Her official Website is www.CharmaineClamor.com. My god she looks as beautiful as she sounds. Great discovery Ron! I would have to rank her even above Kuh. This Charmaine is amazing!