Friday, June 26, 2009

FAREWELL...MICHAEL JACKSON: The KING of POP

Whew...2 deaths in one day! But this one caught me blind-sided. Someone is going to profit in making the "Neverland Ranch" the new "Graceland".
What can I say about the "King of Pop" that anyone hasn't said by now?
I still remember the "Ed Sullivan Show " performance of Micheal and his Brothers as the "Jackson 5".
Awkward enough, people in the studio audience began to laugh when Michael stepped/danced up and sang. Standing in front of the family Black & White TV set, I looked back puzzled at my family and asked, "Why are they laughing at him?"
Now looking back at that as an adult, I realized people laughed in a surprise reaction of seeing an African American child so young singing with the same heart, soul and passion of a man aged and experienced through the years with a story to tell.
Michael...You will may passed on, but your legacy will live forever as the "King of Pop"

No comments: