Friday, April 17, 2009

MUFFIN TOP

Just recently, Aria was getting dressed out of her school uniform and into street clothes. She was running around asking where a certain pair of jeans were.
I said, "What about the ones that I just washed? They are out of the dryer and I folded it. It's on the couch."
She looks at them and said, "I am looking for the darker pair of jeans that are capris."
I returned, "What's wrong with the one's on the couch?"
She says, "I haven't worn those jeans since I was 8 years old and they are small."
I then say, "No they aren't. They were huge when you wore them at 8. So, they should fit fine now."
So, she puts on the jeans from the couch just to appease me in front of the living room mirror and then quickly takes them off again. "I have "muffin top", she says and returns to looking for the darker pair of jeans.
I exclaimed, "What?"
She then explains what "muffin top" is.
It's when you have "extra" hanging over the pants.(Pictured above)
I never heard of this, but found it so hilarious and kinda cute in a way coming from Aria.
It must be a big trend that never dies, cause I have been seeing "muffin top" for many years. :)

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Trust me Ron, "Muffin Tops" are not pretty!

Krissy Doyle said...

Funny!