Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What I Admire Most...

When I was working on "Jerry Springer: The Opera" last Summer, I admitted to Bobby Smith that I was a secret admirer of his work as a performer since his days at Toby's. I never went up to him and said it until working with him.
Here are 10 more theatre people I admire that I have worked with and never admitted it:
1) Tracie Thoms---We all knew her as "Tracie Nicole Thomas" and I knew her "drive" would make her a star.
2) Toby Orenstein---You can call me a "Toby Groupie" I was a fan of her work before she had her dinner theatres. I remember going to the Twin Bridges Marriott in Crystal City and watching her work with the "Young Columbians"
3) Matt Gardiner---I enjoy his careful thought for the reason and purpose to move in musical theatre
4) Mark Minnick---I hate to admit this, but I do like Mark for his ability to choreograph accordingly to the limits and strengths of any cast. Though...I don't always agree with his casting. Hehehe...
5) Ryan Duncan---What can I say more about Ryan? He's handsome, hilarious and so proud of him being in "Shrek--The musical"
6) Joey Wallen---Is there anything this man can't do?
7) Nick Olcott---I will admit....I really enjoyed him more as an actor than a director.
8) Caren Hearn---I've always been a "Caren Hearn Fan" and I consider her the luckiest woman in this area for not giving up on the Arts. I just hope she knows it.
9) Michael Leon Wooley---I went to PGCC wth Michael, watched him a Petrucchi's in "Big River" and next thing ya know it, I was watching him onstage performing "Ain't Misbehavin' w/ the Pointer Sisters.
10) Tina DeSimone---A few of us were very lucky to work with Phyllis Goldblat. And much like Phyllis...You haven't done dinner theatre unless you have worked with Tina! Luv me some Tina!

4 comments:

Antonio said...

Um, I don't see my name on that list. THAT'S IT! I'M NEVER READING THIS LAME ASS BLOG EVER AGAIN.

Jim Lawson said...

Hey Antonio, I love your blog!!! I think there used to be a blog by some Philipino but I hear that petered out. Too bad. Your's is the best!

Ron Curameng said...

You guys are on a special list...YET to come! Don't jump to conclusions....I luv ya'll!

The Follow Spot said...

Ron - I don't agree with my casting all the time either. You were a mistake in Crazy For You ...but, well...what can ya do