Thursday, February 19, 2009

COMPOSER: RICHARD THOMAS

While working in "Jerry Springer: The Opera" at Studio Theatre, we got to meet and talk with the composer, Richard Thomas many times. He loved our version of the show and it was so much fun seeing him on the edge of his seat laughing. He saw the show 3 times with the original, "Baby Jane". After his second time seeing the show. He came up to me and asked, "So, what's next with you?" I said, "Hip replacement surgery, but I am looking forward to it" and I returned, "So, what's next with you?"
He enthusiatically told me with a smile, "I am writing an opera about Anna Nicole Smith. There's so much that has happened in her life. So much drama! I am on my way to LA to work on it with Kevin Murphy, the guy who wrote "Reefer Madness"
Then just 2 days ago, I heard on the radio about the Anna Nicole Smith Opera scheduled to open at the Royal Opera House in London in 2011.
I was just thinking and hoping the time he came up to me asking, "So, what's next with you?" would be a prelude to a chance to do that show. Hmmmmmm.....

2 comments:

The Follow Spot said...

You could play her assistant from the tv show

Ron Curameng said...

Ewwwww.."Kimmie"? Yuck!
I was hoping to play Bahama Cabana Boy #17.