Saturday, September 5, 2009

NORTH BEACH, MARYLAND


Since we had to opt our Virginia Beach Trip due to a lack of funds, My family and I wanted to get in a Fishing Trip before the Summer ended. We first went to Lexington Park, MD on Paxtuxent River for ole time sake. We stayed from 7am to noon. Ugh...No fish!
Since we had nothing to do, I suggested to my Father we go drive and see a favorite fishing hole of mine, North Beach, MD that crowns the Chesapeake Bay. I haven't been to North Beach in a while for 5 years, but I always loved it because it was conveniently off the beltway to route 4 towards Upper Marlboro and a left onto Route 260.
This place has gotten bigger and better. Much more like a tiny version of Rehobeth Beach with it's new hotels, small shops, bars, restaurants, food vendors off the beach and pier areas, etc..
The place has gotten a bit more commercialized, but it's small town charm remains with it's historical background dating back to the 1600's, the Amish farmers markets, country cafes, the dog friendly neighborhood, etc.... I highly recommend a visit to North Beach. They recommend a visit in the fall due to Foliage festivals and we may just do that! BTW--we caught 5 fish. It could have been 6, but my Dad's Flounder was under measurement requirements. So, we had to throw the damn fish back! BTW--I am allergic to seafood.


1 comment:

Krissy Doyle said...

That's funny. You fish, but you are allergic to seafood! Well, at least you all got out together. Sounds nice.