Tuesday, July 14, 2009

IT REALLY HASN'T BEEN OUR YEAR...

I think last night's car accident coming home, put our life for this year in perspective....It really hasn't been our year!
I thank God that Beng and I are alive. I thought we were going to orphan Aria in this accident in Old Town during rush hour. To make it all worse...I get the ticket for "so-called" speeding. I am going to court for this, because the police officer had taken her word. No speed monitors, just her word that I was speeding. Let's see...I am going straight. The light is green. She comes from the opposite way and makes a left turn in front of me...AND I GET THE DAMN TICKET for SPEEDING based off of her word?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
But due to our Honda being stolen and totalled on the past Memorial Day weekend, our ONLY vehicle is now in the shop. I mean...It's fixable, but it's inconvenient. I guess my daughter, Aria summed it up by saying, "Why is all this bad luck happening to us?" I guess it could have been worse...

3 comments:

Jim Lawson said...

That's a tough one, Ron. Thank God you are both okay.

Krissy Doyle said...

Ron, I am sure it seems like "bad luck", but I am sure it will get better. You are in my thoughts!

Antonio said...

I'm a little late with this because I haven't been checking the blogs lately.

I had the exact same thing happened to me years ago. Same circumstance. The cop started to write the other guy a ticket, but the guy protested so much and kept yelling that I ran the light, and because I was silent from being so shook up, that the cop gave me a ticket instead. So, I had to go to traffic court. Then the guy sued me for $50,000. He lost of course, because I was going straight and he didn't yield to me. And, he lied at the trial.