Monday, October 27, 2008

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3


Of course being a father of a Pre-Teen, I went to go see High School Musical 3 on opening day.
I purchased our tickets one week in advance (as I do with the "Harry Potter Movies"), got the theatre an hour in advance and stood in line in hope for a good seat.
BUT during big blockbuster movies such as this, I always pull my "handicap card" to get ushered into the theatre first or bring my wheelchair and have an usher kick someone out from "accessible seating" who is not disabled.
The movie was...good...it was fun....very much like the first High School Musical....BUT it's senior year.
I didn't like the second one because they tried to make it sound more like MTV-ish and their voices sounded too electronic which clashed with the whole look of the movie and made the lip syncing look like a bad dubbing job.
HSM3 went back to the roots of the first. Cute, gooyey, bright and highly entertaining. I loved alot of the numbers staged very well by Kenny Ortega.
My daughter's personal awkwardness was when Zak Efron took off his shirt in the gym locker room and the girl's in the theatre went crazy. She started to blush, smile and cover her eyes.
My personal awkwardness in watching HSM3 was watching Vanessa Hudgens and only thinking of....uh...um...Oh...forget...it!
Near the end of the movie, the kids in the theatre of all ages got up to the familer tune, "We'll Always be Together" from the first High School Musical Movie, clapped their hands and raced down to the screen and started to dance like crazy.
Beng and I looked at Aria and asked if she would like to join them. I think she would have if a friend was with her. BUT unfortunately...her present company was "Mom & Dad" and we felt like idiots asking if she wanted to join them. Ughhhhhh..How uncool was THAT!

No comments: